For all of you vegetarians out there, and non-vegetarians, I’ve got an amazing recipe to share! It’s a simple, 15 minute pasta dish and anyone can make it. The first time my boyfriend and I had this meal was at our friend’s, Jordy and Carina’s, house. It was a memorable night – while Carina and I were enjoying a glass of red wine, the boys were sweating in the kitchen! We immediately fell in love with this recipe and I definitely wanted to include it on my blog. It’s quite unfortunate that smell cannot be added to the photos because it smells good and tastes delicious!
I initially wanted to share this recipe a week ago…but it went terribly wrong. What’s strange is that ever since we went to our friend’s house, we’ve made this recipe on a weekly basis. And of course the day that I wanted to share it nothing went according to plan. It all started at the supermarket. For this recipe you need white wine. I stood at least 10 minutes in front of the wine aisle. I didn’t want to buy the ‘house’ wine, but a good wine that we could drink too. And what did I end up picking? RED WINE!!! Then I bought the wrong kind of sun-dried tomatoes. They were way too dry. And to top it all off, we didn’t have enough butter in the fridge. So there was almost no sauce. I can definitely tell you that when we tasted the dish I was very disappointed and told me boyfriend that I could simply not put a recipe where half of the ingredients were missing! Therefore last Sunday, when we went to the supermarket, I made sure to buy the correct ingredients and it turned out perfectly!
Ingredients (serves 3 to 4 people)
- linguine (1 pack)
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 chili pepper
– 2 tbsp of olive oil
– 1 glass can of sun-dried tomatoes (approx. 295 g)
– cherry tomatoes (1 pack – approx. 250 g)
– 50 g of unsalted butter
– 100 ml of white wine
– rucola (1 pack – approx. 75 g)
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and chili pepper, and cut the sun-dried tomatoes in small pieces
– In a pan, heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil. When hot, add the garlic cloves and chili pepper. Cook for 1 minute
– Add the sun-dried tomatoes, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes
– Add the cherry tomatoes, unsalted butter and white wine. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes
– In the mean time cook the pasta.
– Once cooked, add the rucola directly to the pasta. Leave it for 4 to 5 minutes
– Drain your pasta and divide it on 3 or 4 plates
– Add your sauce on or next to the pasta
– Enjoy with a glass of red wine!!
Note: you don’t necessarily need to buy linguine. Spaghetti will do the trick too! You can replace the rucola with spinach and add some Gorgonzola. This will make you meal heavier but it tastes good! Don’t buy the cheapest sun-dried tomatoes. That was the mistake I made, and like I said they were too dry. Finally, don’t hesitate to double the recipe, especially the sauce, in order to have left overs for the next day.