Pappardelle. Have you ever had pappardelle? If not, I would suggest you go to your local supermarket, buy them and make a delicious recipe with pappardelle. I always thought that each pasta tasted the same, but ever since I had pappardelle I have completely changed my mind. The first time I had pappardelle was in an Italian restaurant here in Delft. It was the dish of the day and it was simply delicious. I certainly did not replicate this dish here, but thought that having a completely different pasta dish with pappardelle would be perfect. And we were not disappointed, well just a bit. The cheese. I thought I bought feta but once I cut it in small cubes I immediately noticed that this was not feta.
This recipe is extremely easy to make and I guess that you already have all these ingredients in your pantry. Within 30 minutes you’ll be eating your hearts out. And the taste of the tomatoes that have cooked in balsamic vinegar is delicious! Simply divine. That should not come as a surprise as we all know how well tomatoes and balsamic vinegar go together. I’m thinking back at all of those delicious summer salads!
– Pre-heat oven to 180 C
– Mix the vinegar and the finely chopped garlic cloves in a bowl
– Cut the tomatoes, place them in a dish, spread the vinaigrette over the chopped tomatoes and cook for 25 minutes
– In the mean time, cook the pappardelle adding the fresh spinach one or two minutes before the end, and cut the feta in small cubes
– Mix the pappardelle, the cooked tomatoes, the spinach, the olive oil and feta cheese
– Serve immediately and enjoy